On September 29th, Jack had his first kindergarten field trip. He has been looking forward to field trips since last year when Sam got to go on field trips. He has continually asked when he would get to go and which of us would chaperon the trips. Since baby Charlie could have come at anytime (and because I didn't feel exactly super) we agreed that Tom should go with Jack and his class, and I would stay at home, rest, get ready, for a new baby, etc. The morning of, I changed my mind. No point in sitting around being pregnant when I could go with Jackie boy on the long awaited field trip. So, off to Chatooga Belle Farm we went.
Learning about muscadine grapes and other local crops
Grinding corn into grits and corn meal
Off on a hayride (a relatively bumpy hay-ride that may have helped Charlie decide it was time for him to join the party).
Picked a few apples
Fun day with our youngest on the last day he was our youngest. That night I went into labor and Jack became a big brother. I am glad I changed my mind and enjoyed that day with my baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment